Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the App, as these will apply to your use of the App.
By using the App, you confirm that you accept that these Terms apply to your use of the App. You cannot use the App if you don't agree to these Terms.
1. WHO ARE WE?
Best Beginnings is a charity dedicated to helping all babies in the UK have the best start.
The App is operated by Best Beginnings (“we”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 5866886 and charity number 1120054 and have our registered office at 12 Vale Royal, London N7 9AP. We are the "data controller" for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. OUR ADVICE
You shouldn't rely on our advice – if in doubt, speak to your doctor or midwife.
We provide health, nutrition and wellbeing related information for non-commercial, information purposes only. The information contained within the App should not be relied upon as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you have any concerns or questions about your, or your baby's, health you should always ask your doctor, midwife, health visitor or other healthcare professional. Your use of the App does not create in any way a doctor/patient, confidential, or privileged relationship, or any other relationship that would give rise to any duties on our part. If you rely on any of the information in this App you do so solely at your own risk. We accept no responsibility for any errors, omissions or misleading statements.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the App, we cannot promise that the information contained in the App will always include the most recent findings or developments or that the information will be accurate, complete or up-to-date. Developments in medical research may impact the health, fitness and nutritional advice contained in the App. We do not recommend or endorse any specific tests, doctors, clinics, procedures, opinions, products or treatments that may appear within the App or are linked to by the App.
3. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Sometimes we might need to change these Terms, but we'll publish new ones for you to follow instead.
Best Beginnings reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, add or remove portions of these Terms at any time by updating the Terms page within the App. Please check these Terms from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made. We will assume you accept such changes if you continue to use the App. Except when we tell you otherwise, all amended terms shall automatically be effective immediately when posted. To the extent the Terms conflict with any other terms, policy or rules of Best Beginnings, the terms contained in these Terms shall govern.
If at any point you do not agree to any portion of the then-current version of the Terms you must immediately stop using the App. Best Beginnings reserves the right to add, change, suspend or discontinue the App, or any aspect or feature of the App, without notice or liability.
4. CHANGES TO THE APP
We may change or update the App from time to time.
We may update the App and change the content at any time, but will make sure that these changes won't delete any of your data.
5. ACCESSING THE APP
The App is free and can be downloaded on to your mobile.
We do not guarantee that our App, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions. We do not guarantee that the App will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the App without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the App is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the App on your mobile device are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
You can easily uninstall the App at any time by using the standard uninstall process available on your mobile device, or via your mobile application marketplace or network.
6. WHAT YOU CAN'T DO
The App belongs to us and we're very proud of it. We want you to use it, but please don't do anything naughty.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the App, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may not use the App:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any inappropriate or offensive materials or any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our App in contravention of the provisions of our Terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the App or any software used in the provision of the App.
- Not to use, copy, emulate, clone, rent, lease, sell, modify, decompile, disassemble, otherwise reverse engineer or transfer any version of the App.
- Not to use any part of the content in the App for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
If you don't follow the rules, we can take action.
When we decide that you haven't followed these Terms we may:
- Immediately, temporarily or permanently take away your right to use the App.
- Issue a warning to you.
- Start legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
8. LIABILITY AND LOSSES
Nothing in these Terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the App or any content in it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the App; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the App.
We do not promise that the App will be free from bugs or viruses. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of the App or on any website linked to it.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to within the App. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
9. APPLICABLE LAW
These Terms and any disputes arising out of them are governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England will have non-exclusive jurisdiction.
Please let us know if you have any questions, comments and requests regarding these Terms by emailing email@example.com.